As Tampa tile cleaners, here at Superior Carpet Restorations, we have experience with all of the different types of hard flooring and today we want to share a little information on the different types of hard floors. So, whether you are thinking about tile, hardwoods, or laminate, take a look at the information below and see if it’s the right choice for your needs.
Tampa Tile Cleaners Compare the Different Types of Hard Flooring
If you know that hard flooring is right for your home but you’re unsure what type of hard flooring to choose, we’ve got some tips to help you decide.
Tile flooring is one of the most popular options for homeowners because it’s affordable, can be catered to any decor theme, and is easily maintained with regular cleaning.
- Tile flooring is affordable.
- Tile flooring is easily maintained.
- Tile is water-resistant.
- Tile is durable making it a good choice for homes with young children and pets.
- Tile comes in a wide variety of patterns and sizes.
- Tile flooring means grout which can collect dirt if not cleaned regularly.
- Tile surfaces are slippery making them difficult for pets to navigate.
- Tile can be less affordable if you are interested in higher quality materials, specialized sizing or unique design.
Hardwood flooring is another popular choice for homeowners, but it’s not ideal for everyone.
- Hardwood flooring can elevate the appearance of any home and increase appeal when selling a home.
- Hardwood flooring is available in a variety of colors and hardness levels.
- Hardwood flooring can be catered to any home decor theme.
- Cleaning hardwood floors is easy.
- Hardwood flooring can be costly depending on the wood that you choose.
- Hardwood flooring requires a subflooring underneath which increases the cost of installation.
- Hardwood flooring must be cleaned regularly and thoroughly to preserve its finish.
- Hardwood flooring can scuff and scratch which requires resurfacing and refinishing which can be expensive.
Laminate flooring is made using 3D technology (usually using high-density fiberboard) and is made to replicate the look of natural materials, for example, hardwood.
Pro’s of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate flooring is a cheaper option than hardwoods but can still look like hardwoods.
- Laminate is a good choice for homes with pets as it’s more resistant to scratching.
- The cost of installation for laminate flooring is much lower than hardwood flooring.
Cons of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate flooring is not waterproof.
- Laminate flooring is a poor choice for homes in areas of high humidity and moisture and areas where spills are likely to occur.
- Laminate flooring is not as appealing aesthetically as true hardwood floors.
Marble flooring is a popular choice for homeowners looking to improve the appearance of their home and it comes with a range of benefits, but there are some drawbacks depending on your lifestyle.
Pros of Marble Flooring
- Marble flooring is exceptionally visually appealing and adds to the value of your home.
- Marble can be used for various decorative elements in addition to flooring which ties together the decor of your home well.
- Marble is available in various colors.
- Marble is conductive and can be used with heated floor mechanisms.
- Marble can be polished to buff out scratches and create an appealing polished look.
Cons of Marble Flooring
- Marble is expensive.
- Marble can be an unfortunate choice for pet owners because it’s hard for pets to grip the floor surface.
- Marble isn’t always available depending on the size of your floor space and the time of year.
- Marble is brittle, not compatible with water or moisture, and it scratches easily, so it’s not best for active households or homes in humid areas of the country.
Looking For Tampa Tile Cleaners For Your Hard Flooring?
If you’re looking for Tampa Tile cleaners who can help to clean and maintain your hard flooring, Superior Carpet Restorations can help! Just give us a call today at 727-286-7248 and we’ll set you up with an appointment with our experienced carpet and floor cleaning team!